Tuesday, May 26, 2009

OUCH!!!

On Memorial Day Keith took Drew to the beach while I rested. I was reading a book when I heard a screaming child. I thought that sounds like Drew. Then I heard it again only this time it was closer. Drew was screaming owie, owie. I looked out the window and Keith and Drew were coming across the street. People must have felt sorry for Keith because they actually stopped for them to cross the street. I knew right away that Drew had been stung by a bee which is common on our beach. I went and retrieved the Lightning McQueen ice pack and went outside. To my surprise Keith was striping him down to the bare. Drew had sat on a bee at the beach. Poor little guy. His bum had a nice sting on it. We put baking soda and clay on it and it is all better now. There haven't been any allergic results so far. I am glad that he is okay and can sit down.

While we were letting the mixture dry Drew said, "Mommy bees are nice, too, because they make honey for us. Then he asked, "Why do they sting me?". He understands now that they were just protecting themselves and the bee didn't mean to hurt Drew. He is always amazing me with his great attitude. He didn't state that he hated bees, he looked at the positive that they still make him honey. I love my little guy.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Oh, I love his attitude! What a cutie!

Angela said...

Who wouldn't love a cute little bottom like his. We really loved your visit thanks for coming.