Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Birthday

Okay my post is about two weeks late. But I wanted to recognize all of the wonderful people who made my four day birthday great. First it started off with my wonderful friends, Ali and Angela, throwing a birthday party for me in the L.A. area. Angela made a fabulious chocolate cake and had eight helium balloons for me. And of course I can't leave out Ali who was gracious enough to drive. I am blessed to have such great friends.



Then, that night I had to rush home for a family birthday dinner put on by Keith and his mom, Shirley. Despite Keith's busy schedule he still managed to put a dinner together and order a cake. It was a gourmet chocolate cake with a light raspberry cream whipping in the layers. It was topped with hugh gratings of chocolate on a white frosting.









On Sunday Keith gave me my presents. For those of you who know us real well know that Keith usually kind of forgets about the presents. So this was a big suprise. He bought me a lot of wood hangers so I could organize my closet. It was a really thoughtful gift because he drove to Ikea for the hangers. I have wanted to have wood hangers for a long time to make my small closet look pretty. He also got me a tackle box to organize our first aid kit. I know that they don't sound like exciting gifts but to me they were exactly what I wanted.

On Monday I got about ten ecards for my ever so thoughtful sister who never forgets my birthday. I also got calls from my grandma and my little sister, who also never misses a birthday. That is more than I can say for myself. We also went to Disneyland. This was kind of a gift to myself. I wanted to take Drew to Disneyland. We had a great time. It wasn't that busy or crowded. And of course with fun there is also adventure. Right after we walked in to the actual gates of Disneyland the bottom of my shoe fell almost off. It was hanging from the toe. By the end of the day the other shoe had also done the same thing. I guess that hiking shoes are made to biodegrade. The shoes were old but didn't show any sign of giving out on me. So I drug my feet all over Disneyland. It really was a great time.




3 comments:

Angela said...

Ahh I am so glad you had a great B-day. So glad to have such a friend like you to celebrate! Love ya!

Keri said...

Oh My goodness. that is hillarious. HOw sweet. You know that you are a mom when you get excited for hangers and a tackle box. Hee hee. I totally agree. Awesome. I love you, Hope you had an awesome BIRTHDAY!!! :0 "happy birthday to you...." :0

Ali said...

I am glad you were spoiled this year, you deserve it!!! I love ya